CTRL Group’s cybersecurity engineers are responsible for protecting the networks and systems of our clients against threats from adversaries. This is a highly collaborative role between your peers and our clients. Great importance is placed on the role in the capacity of directing cybersecurity improvements within a client’s environment. This ranges from weekly working sessions to more in-depth augmentation with their team to assist in their business requirements.
- Conducting weekly account optimisation sessions with CTRL’s SOC clients
- Advising and managing long-term remediation solutions with customers
- Leading technical onboarding of the SOC service and ensuring service and support are provided to customers
- Providing proactive suggestions to customers to bolster cybersecurity within their environment
- Troubleshoot deployment and technological issues relating to customers’ SIEM or security architecture.
- Developing and managing the content required to detect threats and incidents across the SOC technology stack
- Provide asset and service reviews of existing clients’ services
- Develop reporting metrics for use case management insights
- Collaborate with Security Analysts for content requirements and detection rule tuning
- Map out logical workflows for remediating security incidents
- Provide feedback on how to automate workflows
- Plan & execute any internal infrastructure changes required
- Developing Forensic Investigative capabilities
- Assisting sales representatives when called upon for client meetings, presentations and project scoping
- Share knowledge of current cybersecurity trends, as well as emerging trends and hacking techniques